[Cryptography-dev] ECDSA Interoperablity with Microsoft CNG-based peer

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:45:29 EDT 2016

On August 16, 2016 at 11:18:16 PM, André Caron (andre.l.caron at gmail.com)
wrote:

Hi Alex,

<snip>

However, I'm relying on cryptography internals to do this, which is
definitely not desirable in the medium-long term.  Know of a better way to
do these conversions by relying only on public APIs?

Not at the moment. BN conversions are strictly in the bindings.

Also, I guess I'm not the only person that's going to be running into
this.  Any interest in adding built-in support for this in cryptography?
If so, I'd be willing to put some effort into a PR.

We'd like to eventually have a CNG backend, but we don't have a good story
for merging coverage right now. That said, it probably should live in a
separate repo while it's being worked on so getting coverage data becomes a
simpler issue then.

Thanks,

André