[Cryptography-dev] Unsupported platforms?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Mon Mar 30 10:09:56 CEST 2015

On 29/03/15 22:43, Paul Kehrer wrote:
> Do you think a warning on import that suggests an upgrade (similar to
> what requests does for Python < 2.7.9) without removing support is a
> reasonable path forward?

Yes, that would be perfect (we can patch it out anyway).

> Jython doesn't support C extensions so not right now. There are some
> efforts (http://jyni.org) to add support for it and in some past
> conversations with jython devs they've talked a bit about jffi, but for
> now we don't work there.

Well my thoughts were more in the line of having Jython-only Java-crypto
backend, so that one could use the same PyCA API over all projects, but
that's another issue, not related to 2.6 by any means. Although, jython
barely gets to 2.7 sometime now, right?

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
    -- R. P. Feynman's concluding sentence
       in his appendix to the Challenger Report