[Cryptography-dev] Cryptography Third Release (0.3) Criteria

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 13:29:53 CET 2014

We released 0.2 on Feb 20. Since that time we’ve expanded our support for older OpenSSLs (RHEL 5 users are now supported), landed most of RSA signing and verification, further expanded the bindings for OpenSSL, added HOTP/TOTP support, and improved our error stack handling in the OpenSSL backend.

I’d like to propose that we get a release out in the next week or two that has the following features (in addition to the above):

* Fix for our windows wheels breaking when cffi does a minor release (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/768)
* Completion of RSA PSS (MGF1 PR here: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/775, two more upcoming PRs are dependent on this to finish out PSS)
* OpenSSL (“PKCS1”) key loading/writing. (loader PR: https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/627)
* Using hex()/from_bytes for BN conversions in the OpenSSL backend (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/759)
* Split the test vectors out of the primary sdist and put them in a separate package. (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/pull/795).

Is there anything else people feel should be present in the 0.3 release? DSA support might make it in, but there’s enough work left there that I believe it’s a better candidate for the fourth release.

I’ll go ahead and volunteer as release manager for this release as well. I’m going to go ahead and add a fourth release milestone and begin retargeting some of our issues.

-Paul