[Cryptography-dev] Let the flood gates open!

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 05:42:37 CEST 2013

So, Twisted has an implementation of the SSH protocol, that currently uses
PyCrypto. I got curious what things it needed to be ported to cryptography,
here's the feature list I came up with:

* Keypair generation for both RSA and DSA
* General manipulation of RSA and DSA (exact nature unchecked)
* Conert a long to a bytestring with its twos complement representation
(out of
  scope)
* Convert a twos complement representation of a long into a long (out of
scope)
* DES3 for block ciphers
* Decryption for block ciphers
* CTR mode