[Cryptography-dev] Landing AES

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 04:25:33 CEST 2013

Hey all,

We've slowed a bit in the last week or so. I want to get the AES patch
landed so we can get the momentum back up (
https://github.com/alex/cryptography/pull/28). There's a few outstanding
issues we need to resolve:

* How the heck do we test error conditions in OpenSSL? OpenSSL is totally
negligent in how we reproduce them. Should we monkeypatching the cffi
functions to return error codes so we can at least test our code paths?

* Since the BlockCipher object doesn't know if it's in encrypt or decrypt
mode until the first call it can't really initialize itself in the
constructor. Is that fine?

Alex

GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084