[C++-sig] [Boost-build] Boost 1.69 python3 module

Alex Biddulph c3124185 at uon.edu.au
Thu Feb 21 17:31:26 EST 2019

Ok, I played around a bit more.

It was indeed configuring python twice. Likely because the bootstrap.sh
script adds this bit to project-config.jam

# Python configuration
import python ;
if ! [ python.configured ]
{
     using python : 3.6 : /nubots/toolchain ;
}

which results in a non-working python configuration due to the
incorrectly determined include path "{prefix}/include/python3.6". The
correct include path should be "{prefix}/include/python3.6m". This was
the root cause of my problem, which is why I added

using python : 3.6 : "{prefix}/bin/python3" :
"{prefix}/include/python3.6m" : "{prefix}/lib" ;

to the end of project-config.jam, hoping it would override the previous
configuration and use the correct paths for my installation. Which
resulted in this discussion.