[C++-sig] pybind11 -- alternative to Boost.Python

Wenzel Jakob wenzel at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 19 12:24:03 CEST 2015

I would be open to it but have my doubts about the feasibility of a merge. Consider the difference in code size alone: Boost.Python (without dependencies like MPL etc.) uses 26K lines of code, compared to about 2K for pybind11 (3K with all extensions). Apart from that, the libraries take very different internal design decisions, which would likely break existing software that ventures beyond the basic .def() syntax.

Cheers,
Wenzel