[C++-sig] pybind11 -- alternative to Boost.Python

Wenzel Jakob wenzel at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Oct 18 14:56:42 CEST 2015

Hello all,

after being a long-time Boost.Python user, I’ve been working on an alternative that makes more effective use of recent C++11-capable compilers. The overall syntax and ideology are very similar to Boost.Python, but the implementation only requires a few header files with a a vastly smaller amount of code thanks to C++11 lambda functions, tuples and variadic templates. There is also dedicated support for Python’s buffer protocol and NumPy arrays, which is useful for scientific computing applications.

So far it’s only used by a few projects, but I think it could be useful to this audience.

Code: https://github.com/wjakob/pybind11 <https://github.com/wjakob/pybind11>
Documentation: http://pybind11.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ <http://pybind11.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>

Best,
Wenzel