[C++-sig] Boost.Python "contains" compile fix

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Mon Mar 30 17:42:53 CEST 2015

On 30/03/15 11:16 AM, Huebl, Axel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> adding more Python 3 features, the "contains" method was added (in 1.55.0?)
>   http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/python/doc/news.html
>
> Unfortunately, I found a nasty compile bug when compiling with nvcc that
> I tried to fix in
>   https://github.com/boostorg/python/pull/14
>
> Does anyone know how to test my patch to see if this function is still
> working as expected?

I have looked at your patch, but am not convinced that this is the right
fix. It would be best to really map "contains" to "__contains__" to
preserve the precise semantic of that call.
Do you see the "incomplete type" error only with nvcc or also with other
compilers (clang, notably) ?

Thanks,
        Stefan