[C++-sig] Type converter not found for property

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed May 8 22:33:51 CEST 2013

I am trying to expose a class with a boost::uuids::uuid member to Python. The class is pretty simple:

class Article {
public:
     boost::uuids::uuid uuid;
};

which is exposed like this:

article
        .def(init<boost::uuids::uuid, Article::Type>((arg("uuid")))
        .def_readwrite("uuid", &Article::uuid);

and I have basic converter registered (see https://gist.github.com/wichert/5543390 , it is a bit large to include in this email). This compiles fine and the uuid convertor works correctly when trying converting from python to C++, but trying to access the uuid property results in "TypeError: No Python class registered for C++ class boost::uuids::uuid". I don't understand why that doesn't work; does anyone see what I missed?

Wichert.