[C++-sig] Boost chooses wrong static library

Wojciech Mamrak wmamrak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:54:18 CET 2012

Hello,

I have built Python's (2.7.3) debugging version under Windows, added
"<python-debugging>on" in user-config.jam, then run bjam:
bjam -j4 --toolset=msvc --with-python python-debugging=on variant=debug
link=static runtime-link=static,shared

in a.cpp file I included boost python headers this way:

#define BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB
#define BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON
#include <boost/python.hpp>

Since BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON is defined, I linked against
libboost_python-vc100-mt-gyd-1_52.lib, but when compiling, the linker
complains:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_python-vc100-mt-gd-1_52.lib'

What am I missing? Why does boost expect different static library file?

regards