[C++-sig] boost::python with virtual inheritance and g++ c++0x/11 (testcase attached)

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Mon May 14 12:37:58 CEST 2012

On 14 May 2012 at 9:48, Jonas Wielicki wrote:

> I recently upgraded to boost::python 1.48 and g++ 4.7 (fedora 17). This
> broke a project of mine as it crashes when passing an object with
> virtual inheritance from python back to C++ (e.g. during a method call).
> A minimal test case is attached.

I would be almost certain that your bug stems from changes to GCC,
not changes to BPL. Generally speaking GCC bugs fix themselves over
time, so you can revert temporarily to an older GCC. Bugs in GCC are
common enough that if my code fails, I first think it's GCC's fault
:)

Try an older GCC. Also, try Clang. Clang seems to generate better
debug info for templates anyway.

Niall

--
Technology & Consulting Services - ned Productions Limited.
http://www.nedproductions.biz/. VAT reg: IE 9708311Q.