[C++-sig] Question on the development of Boost Python

Michele De Stefano micdestefano at gmail.com
Sun May 13 21:28:02 CEST 2012

I'm sorry,

I understand that with my argumentation I've given the wrong idea of what I
meant.

I read that post from Jim Bosch and I thought he knew something more about
Boost Python development.

Then I completely agree that a library is absolutely not dead also if it
does not support C++ 11. Personally, I won't be able to use C++ 11 for
years starting from now.

I would simply like to be re-ensured that Boost Python development is going
on, because I like this library a lot.

Best regards to all.
Michele

2012/5/13 Stefan Seefeld <stefan at seefeld.name>

> On 05/13/2012 05:18 AM, Michele De Stefano wrote:
> > I've read a recent post by Jim Bosch saying that the original
> > developers of Boost Python are not going to upgrade it for supporting
> > C++11 standard libraries.
>
> Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by "supporting C++ 11" ?
> Specifically, in what way is it not supported right now ?
>

> > So I simply would like to understand if this great library is going to
> > die or if it is kept up to date by someone else.
>
> Implying that it is "going to die" simply because it isn't changed to
> support C++ 11 features is quite a stretch, don't you think ?
>
> How many compilers exist right now that fully support C++ 11 ? And how
> many users exist who are willing to switch at this point in time ?
>
>    Stefan
>

> --
>
>      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...

Michele De Stefano
Web Site <http://www.micheledestefano.joomlafree.it>
Linked In <http://it.linkedin.com/in/micheledestefano>
mds-utils: a general purpose Open Source
library<http://code.google.com/p/mds-utils>
<http://it.linkedin.com/in/micheledestefano>