[C++-sig] boost.python: tss_cleanup_implemented link error windows 64 bit

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Wed Feb 22 00:49:24 CET 2012

On 21 Feb 2012 at 16:30, Jonathan WRIGHT wrote:

> Boost python is being compiled in .obj files and then the whole lot is
> linked into a .pyd.
>
> Do you have some unit tests we could use to check our builds for
> problems? I've not understood how the dll linking requirement works.
> Where should the dll live and how do you then cope with other people's
> boost based modules, which might link to a different boost dll version?

There is plenty of information about the pros and cons and what to do
in the archives of this mailing list which is google searchable. In
short, static linking means BPL based python extension modules must
not interact outside of python or it'll go tits up due to their type
registries not knowing about one another. That means you can't have
extension A and extension B working together directly, only through
python.

If it's working for you right now I wouldn't worry.

Niall

--
Technology & Consulting Services - ned Productions Limited.
http://www.nedproductions.biz/. VAT reg: IE 9708311Q. Company no: