[C++-sig] Python.Boost + Python2.7 + VS2008 issues

JS Unkn0wn jsperf.unkn0wn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:30:07 CEST 2012

Yes, my current problem is embedding on Windows, but my requirements
are the same as compiling to the embedded system, as the primary
target is with the Arm processor + proprietary OS. The Windows
compilation is just a temporary set up until my kit arrives. So I have
planned for the Windows build to work with the same limitations that I
would be subjected to with the hardware.

Until I receive my hardware development kit I am working with a
Windows substitute environment that provides an OpenGL interface that
emulates the Pica200 GPU. Though I'm only mentioning that to explain
why I have to statically link against Python and Boost.Python and have
no other option.

I have already achieved my goal of statically linking Boost.Python and
Python (or at least it appears to). My goal right now is to
successfully compile and run
"%BOOST_DIR%\libs\python\example\quickstart", as I really like to have
all of my tools in order and I would not be comfortable knowing that I
cannot successfully operate my tool.

p.s. many thanks for being so helpful.

Regards,
JSPerf Unkn0wn