[C++-sig] How to configure makefile for different build platforms

Jim Bosch talljimbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:36:07 CEST 2011

On 10/06/2011 10:02 AM, David Aldrich wrote:

> [...]

You can also extract this information from various methods in the
distutils package.  Even if you aren't using distutils to control the
build, you could ask Python itself to print out the configuration
variables.  For instance:

python -c "import distutils.sysconfig; print
distutils.sysconfig.get_python_inc()"

That should give you the Python include directory.  There are other
methods to get library names, compiler flags, and other things.

Jim