[C++-sig] init< LPCTSTR > error if used in static member of same class

AdrianB adrian.baetu at plato-ag.com
Thu Mar 3 11:07:26 CET 2011

AdrianB <adrian.baetu <at> plato-ag.com> writes:
I finally found one reason for this behaviour...

In my Module I included json-spirit, also based on boost.
We have a helper methods gathered into a Include file.
And there I found
using namespace boost;
using namespace json-spirit;

Although my CPP File states first:
using namespace boost::python;

The init<>() construct seems to be allready devined in
boost or json-spirit but in a different way.

The solution was to explicitly qualifiy init<>():
boost::python::init<>()

Of course we have to remove the "using namespace" statements out of
the include file since it prooved to be bad practice ;o)