[C++-sig] Alignment problem when returning lists from C++ to Python

charles75 smith.charles75 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 11:20:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

OS: UBUNTU 11.04

Could someone please help me out here.

I'm using boost-python.  I have written a C++ program that returns a list
back to Python.
The problem I'm having is that the returned data seems to be misaligned.
When I run the C++ program on its own and print out the structure all seems
well.
However when I copy the structure into the list and return this to Python
the data is corrupted, and I've been told
that this is an alignment issue, but I can't find a way to resolve this
issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.