[C++-sig] Creating a unicode instrance from utf-8 encoded string

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Feb 21 11:36:52 CET 2011

I'm trying to do something which should be very simple, but I'm not
having much luck figuring out how from the existing documentation.

For a python 2 project I am trying to return a gettext-translated string
as a unicode instance to python. The return value for gettext() is a
UTF-8 encoded char*, which should be pretty simple to convert to a
python unicode instrance using PyUnicode_FromString. I have a feeling
this is trivial to do, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Wichert.