[C++-sig] wrapped std::vector slice affecting items in a python list

babak babakage at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:28:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've come across some unusual behaviour that I was hoping some one might be
able to explain to me.

In python I have a list and a wrapped std::vector<MyCustomType> (using the
vector_indexing_suite) where the list contains the items in the vector. If I
slice insert items into the vector then the items in the python list change.
The attached example illustrates this.

Is this behaviour expected ?

I'm quite confused as to what's going on so any help clarifying this would
be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Babak

http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/file/n3738972/test.py test.py