[C++-sig] Help needed with Boost Python 'Hello world' tutorial

David Aldrich David.Aldrich at EU.NEC.COM
Thu Sep 2 12:36:41 CEST 2010

Hi

I am using Boost 1.43 on Windows XP, with MSVC 9.0 and Python 2.7.

I am trying to run the 'Hello world' example in libs\python\example\tutorial

I have created  a user-config.jam file containing:

       # MSVC configuration
       using msvc : 9.0 ;

       # Python configuration
       using python : 2.7 : C:/Python27 ;

I then execute:

       C:\boost_1_43_0\libs\python\example\tutorial>\boost_1_43_0\tools\jam\src\bin.ntx86\bjam.exe

The build succeeds and hello.test passes, but I have two questions:

1) hello_ext is built as a static library: hello_ext.lib. From the tutorial, I was expecting a dll. Is a static build correct?

2) How may I run the test from the command line?

Best regards

David