[C++-sig] building boost/python against stackless python and vs 2010

Philip Jonientz - NEXPLORE AG pj at nexplore.ch
Mon Jun 7 14:52:25 CEST 2010

Hello there,

hopefully im doing it right, never used mailing-lists before.

I recently tried building python boost(1.4.3) with stackless python(3.1)
using bjam for msvc10, which worked it seems.

I already have set up a Visual Studio 2010 project and got stackless
python to run a basic simple string.

When including boost/python and the libs, I get a linker error saying:

error LNK1104: cannot open file 'boost_python-vc100-mt-1_42.lib'

which is strange since I built v1.43 and the lib files are existent.

I wonder where the linker looks for 1.42?

Im testing embedding stackless python in my C++/CLI project and some day
trying to write a wrapper for .net...

My includes look something like this:

C:\boost\;

C:\Python31\include\Stackless;

C:\Python31\include

My Lib dirs:

C:\boost\boost\bin.v2\libs\python\build\msvc-10.0\release\link-static\ru
ntime-link-static;

C:\boost\boost\bin.v2\libs\python\build\msvc-10.0\release\link-static\th
reading-multi;

C:\Python31\libs

I really have problems with all this configuration and linking stuff,
haven't done that often...

Thanks in forward =)

Phil