[C++-sig] Does Boost.Python consider this as "unsupported" (threading related)

Embhi Karuche embhi.karuche at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 02:00:54 CEST 2010

>No you can do this, I do the same thing in my project.
>However, without appropriate GIL locks your new thread cannot call into
>python.  So make sure your new thread of not calling any python callables
>and you are fine.

In my worker thread (ie, the workCallback() which is invoked by the
doHeavyWork()), I was merely appending to a boost::python::list. I
stopped doing that and my problems seem to have gone.. I think.

so are you saying that I cant even access "basic" python objects like
python::str python::list from another thread??