[C++-sig] reuse C++ classes that have been wrapped with SWIG

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 09:46:18 CEST 2010

Hi Marco!

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 09:31:48 Marco Selinger wrote:
> Do you have some example, how this can be achieved? Do I need to do some
> text processing or parsing of the swig output to find out which (un)wrap
> functions to call? I have never worked on the internals of swig, so that I
> wouldn't know where to find those (un)wrappers.

Sorry, I don't have the time to search myself, but this has been discussed on
the list before.  You may use keywords like "swig boost::python register
converter" or "lvalue converter".

For example, this was my first hit and looks perfect for one direction (from
python) at least:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/boost.python/HowTo#SWIGexposedC.2B-.2B-
objectfromPython

I have done the same with SIP only, but I have no experience with SWIG.

HTH,
  Hans