[C++-sig] Using code generated by Py++ as a Python extension

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:23:48 CET 2010

I asked this question on Stack Overflow, but realized that perhaps few from
the Py++ community are there yet. I'm re-posting the question here; I hope
you don't mind.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2169948/using-code-generated-by-py-as-a-python-extension

I have a need to wrap an existing C++ library for use in Python. After
reading through this answer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/456884/extending-python-to-swig-or-not-to-swig/456949#456949on
choosing an appropriate method to wrap C++ for use in Python, I
decided
to go with Py++.

I walked through the tutorial for Py++
http://www.language-binding.net/pyplusplus/documentation/tutorials/module_builder/module_builder.html,
using the tutorial files, and I got the expected output in
generated.cpp,
but I haven't figured out what to do in order to actually use the generated
code as an extension I can import in Python. I'm sure I have to compile the
code, now, but with what? Am I supposed to use bjam?

Thanks,
Chris