[C++-sig] Hi, new around these parts + small link error

Kevin Daley still.horse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:31:11 CET 2010

Hi, I'm new to these lists, but I'm an experienced developer.

Right now, I'm working on a project using a popular game engine.  I've got
some Boost::Python code that's generating a bit of a link-time error; I was
under the impression that constitutes most of the traffic around here.
 Using MSVC 9 and v.1_36 of the library (not my decision to use old version,
unfortunately), I'm getting an error:

Spetsnaz_AI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct _object
* __cdecl boost::python::detail::init_module(char const *,void
(__cdecl*)(void))" (?init_module at detail@python at boost@@YAPAU_object@
@PBDP6AXXZ at Z)

I've got it down to where this is the only unresolved external.  My export
code is viewable:

http://pastebin.com/m439861b0 .

I'm not sure what the error implies.  Is the init_module really an external
symbol that gets linked?  Or does that get defined in my code?  I tried
examining the definition of the BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE macro and it seemed to
indicate the latter.  Would appreciate any help or redirection.

Many thanks,
Kevin