[C++-sig] Getting a b::p::object for a PyObject and vice-versa.

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 18:47:17 CET 2010

What you do looks right.

bp::object(bp::handle<>(c_object))

may be a little shorter in some places. (Watch out for compilers confusing your code with
function declarations.)

bpobj.ptr() will give you the PyObject* directly.
bphdl.get() does the same for handle<>.

(Improvements are always welcome, but a complete set of patches is a lot of work
and I doubt even wrapping the entire Python API will make much of a practical
difference.)

Ralf