[C++-sig] Fw: g++ compiler limitations otherthan -ftemplate-depth-n and -DBOOST_PYTHON_MAX_ARITY ?

troy d. straszheim troy at resophonic.com
Sun Sep 20 16:28:29 CEST 2009

Christopher A Mejia wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> OK--it's in the system as #3183.  Thanks again for your help, and anyone
> should feel free to let me know if they need more information about this
> issue.
>
> --Chris

Hey Chris,

Steven Watanabe points out that this is due to a hardcoded limit of 24
arguments in type_traits' is_member_function_pointer.

I've put a test that demonstrates a workaround on my python branch:

http://gitorious.org/~straszheim/boost/straszheim/commit/02776bcf430aa1dd6325c564965bca2a3c11f358

Which will make its way back up to svn at some point.  I don't really
think there is a good argument for increasing the arity of type_traits
for this case, so I'm going to close the ticket.  Get back to me with
any questions...

-t