[C++-sig] Py++ and protected destructors

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:20:49 CEST 2009

2009/9/16 Pertti Kellomäki <pertti.kellomaki at tut.fi>:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick check. I am using py++, and I've run into the problem
> with protected destructors. Is the following advice still valid?

It should be, but today there is a better way to solve this problem -
Function Transformation:
http://language-binding.net/pyplusplus/documentation/functions/transformation/modify_type.html?highlight=function%20transformation

I just checked, "modify type" transformation doesn't generate optimal
code for the following conversion: from "const T&" to "T&".

Before I modified the code, I suggest you to submit a small working
example which shows the problem, so we can solve the right problem.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding