[C++-sig] why does the "shared_ptr<X> const&" silently become 0xCCCCCCCC

athor thorena at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:57:03 CET 2009

I just reproduced the behaviour. Out of habit, I compiled with release the
last time. Using a debug build, I get the same behaviour (using const&,
non-const& etc).

I'm guessing this is a case of "undefined behaviour" resulting from mixing
Debug/Release dll's. Changing to Release (or reading Daves link) should
help.

Passing shared_ptr by value and not by ref is still recommended though :)