[C++-sig] [Py++] operators() got an unexpected keyword argument 'decl_type'

Werner Joergensen wjoergensen at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 10:48:42 CEST 2009

Hello,
I need to exclude some operators from my wrapped python classes, but I seem not to be able to access the operators.

What is wrong with this code:
----------8<----------
from pyplusplus import module_builder
files=["test.H"]
mb = module_builder.module_builder_t(
        files=files,
    )
print mb.operators()
----------8<----------
(For completeness, test.H contains nothing but "class X{public:  int i(); };"
The following error, however, occurs independent of test.H.)

On the last line the script produces:
----------8<----------
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>             Traceback (most recent call last)
/home/wj/tmp/<ipython console> in <module>()
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyplusplus/module_builder/builder.py in operators(self, name, symbol, return_type, arg_types, decl_type, header_dir, header_file, recursive)
    541                                          , header_dir=header_dir
    542                                          , header_file=header_file
--> 543                                          , recursive=recursive )
    544
    545     def member_function( self, name=None, function=None, return_type=None, arg_types=None, header_dir=None, header_file=None, recursive=None ):
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: operators() got an unexpected keyword argument 'decl_type'

The installation is latest gccxml from CVS, pygccxml-1.0.0 and pyplusplus-1.0.0 with python 2.5.2. Same result with python 2.6.

Please help. Is the use of mb.operators() wrong, or what else might be the problem?

Werner