[C++-sig] Boost.Python app keeps crashing in debug

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:03:31 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Martin Walser <NurEinDummy at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi! :)
>

> I'm on the best way to become completely insane.

Did you try to build empty module and run it? This can help to see
whether your environment works at all.

Another valid option, is to compile your project in release, with
debug information, without optimization. You will not be able to see
Python code, but it should not be a problem to debug your own.

> Finally I got my boost_python-vc80-mt-gdy-1_35.dll & .lib files.

I guess, the problem is a mix of different C-runtimes.

Python 2.5 is built using MSVC 7.1 ( VS 2003 ) compiler, while you use VS 2005.

HTH

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding