[C++-sig] [Py++] Generate Python code for ctypes?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Mon Dec 14 23:35:53 CET 2009

Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko at gmail.com> writes:
>> Certainly all the exported symbols should already be available from
>> parsing the header file... Is it possible to omit the symbols file
>> and generate code based only on the headers?
>
> I don't think so( it didn't worked in my use case ) but you can try.
> Start to comment out code in ctypes_builder.py and post the result :-)

I looked into the xml file created by gccxml and (at least in the case
of C code) it seems to contain all the information that's needed.

I modified parsers.py to return an empty dict if no symbols_file is
provided:

def merge_information( global_ns, fname, runs_under_unittest=False ):
    """high level function - select the appropriate binary file parser and integrates
    the information from the file to the declarations tree. """
    if fname is None:
        return dict()

this seems to work partially. I can still export all the struct's, but I
no longer get any function exports. I can mark them as to be exported
without any error, but they don't show up in the generated code.

Any idea?

Best,

   -Nikolaus