[C++-sig] what do I need to correctly port boost python extensions

Alexey Akimov alexey.akimov85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:12:39 CET 2009

Thanks, Nikolaus
However I am still wondering if there is a way to avoid rebuilding the
extension when one travel from machine to machine. Of course that should
definitely work, but it seems unpractical for many purposes or at least
inconvenient. Suppose I want to run some calculations on a cluster using the
extension. That means I need the library to be copied on every machine of
that cluster (may be I am wrong with this but this is most straightforward
way to clone the process). Also this makes lot of potential troubles for
other users who would want to work with such extension - do they need to
rebuild extension module every time? I hope that there may exist some fancy
way to avoid rebuilding the module (also to do this the user would need
boost python installed, what may require some extra-work for that user). So
if anyone knows if this is still possible - please, let me know.

Alexey