[C++-sig] How to use BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID ?

William Marié william.marie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 14:21:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

I would need to create an opaque boost python type, i had a look on the
internet, here is what i found for instance to declare a void* opaque type :

struct void_ {};
BOOST_PYTHON_OPAQUE_SPECIALIZED_TYPE_ID(void_);

This works well if you have to call C++ function from Python but how do i do
if i want to call a python function from C++ with a void* parameter :

ex :
void* pFoo = 0x78985465;
object callable = ....;
callable( (void_*)pFoo );

I can't find out how to make this work properly i always have a runtime
error :
TypeError: No to_python (by-value) converter found for C++ type: struct
void_ *

Thanks for your help

William