[C++-sig] new to python; old to C++

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 31 23:22:40 CET 2008

Alan Baljeu wrote:

> Question: which python-calling-C++ tool should I try?
>

> Wow, quiet group.  I guess I'll try pybindgen first.

That may be because the question is not quite clear.
First of all, you should realize that, despite the generic name of this
list, this is mostly about boost.python. Second, it isn't clear what you
mean by 'tool', i.e., a language binding library ? A code generator ?

As you are on a mostly-boost.python list, I guess the suggestion to use
boost.python doesn't come as a surprise. That's the most important part.
As far as code-generation is concerned, I have never bothered to use a
tool. I write my binding code manually. Your milage may vary...

HTH,
       Stefan