[C++-sig] [c++-sig] python std::string assignment

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 17 16:53:51 CEST 2008

Furkan Kuru wrote:
> Apart from assinging a string
> passing a "longer" string to a function does not work either.

"does not work" isn't an acceptable failure description. Please be specific.

> I think the second parameter "local://activation.html" can not be
> converted to std::string.
What makes you think that ? I reiterate: post a minimal complete test
case,  stating what behavior you expect, and what you actually get.

(Also, I'd suggest you pass std::string argumnts by const-reference,
instead of by-value. You are forcing temporaries for no reason.)

Thanks,
       Stefan