[C++-sig] [c++-sig] python std::string assignment

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 17 15:13:08 CEST 2008

Furkan Kuru wrote:
> By the way
>
> I tried
> "resize"ing and "reserve"ing of strings
> by
>
> name.resize(1024);
> or
> name.reserve(1024);
>
> but it did not fix the problem.
>
> It seems that it allows up to 15 chars + null character total 16chars.
> I think strings set longer than 15 chars corrupts the stack.

I remember having seen similar behavior in a former life of mine, when I
had to work with various MS platforms. I'm pretty sure this is entirely
unrelated to your use of boost, but rather caused by your compilation
settings such as mixing different Windows runtime libraries for the
different components of your application. I can't be more specific,
since a) I have long since parted from developing on Windows and b) you
don't give any details about your build system.

Regards,
       Stefan