[C++-sig] Pyste,Py++: equivalent of swig typemaps?

Mihail Konstantinov kmihail at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:00:31 CET 2008

Hello,
due to limitations of swig I am currently learning Py++ and Pyste
(because it seems currently to be better documented than Py++).

Does Pyste or Py++ offer typemaps like swig
(http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/SWIGDocumentation.html#Python_nn53) that
allow any sequence of input arguments to be wrapped to other Python
arguments (like for example ...,int len,char *s,... to a Python string)
in any function where they appear, even surrounded by other arguments?

The only remotely similar I found documented is
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/libs/python/pyste/doc/wrappers.html
which explains how to write a wrapper between C++ STL and Python
containers. But such a wrapper has to be rewritten for each and every
function. Is there a simple method that automates the repetitive task
like swig typemaps?

Thanks
Mihail