[C++-sig] static linking of python&boost::python under windows

Vladimir Pouzanov farcaller at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:29:59 CET 2008

Can someone give me a hint what boost library type do I have to use to link
both boost::python and python to my app statically? In fact it seems that
there's no python.dll in windows python distribution anyways.

I'm getting either some linkage problems about basic_string's or just a
sigsegv (uhm.. access violation) on a code:

	// bootstrapping
	PyImport_ExtendInittab(Module_inittab);

	// starting python...
	Py_Initialize();  // <-- here

I can't make a debug build without python_d.lib and I don't feel like
compiling it myself. I've just commented out PyImport_ExtendInittab and
figured that it "works" (it doesn't work as expected, it just doesn't crash).

--
Sincerely,
Vladimir "Farcaller" Pouzanov                     Hack&Dev Team