[C++-sig] Pickle an enum from c++

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Dec 9 13:40:17 CET 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 20:02:41 Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> 2008/12/8 Matthew Scouten (TT) <Matthew.Scouten at tradingtechnologies.com>:
> > From the lack of response I assume that no one has any clever ideas to
> > make an enum pickleable.  Thank you to anyone who put thought into this.
> >
> :-).
>
> I thought about work around: you can define your enums in Python. May
> be youcan add this functionality from Python?
>
> Also did you see the following discussion?
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2006-November/011372.html

Oh, this is continued here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/cplusplus-sig/2006-November/011376.html

Looks like there was a solution in 2006; Ralf even wanted to have a test case
for check-in.  Ralf, did you receive stuff from Shashank back then?  (Or did
you wait until today with committing the fix?)

Greetings,
  Hans