[C++-sig] python-debugging=on can't open boost library during Link step

happybrowndog happybrowndog at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:46:13 CEST 2008

When I bjam as follows: bjam python-debugging=on
--preserve-test-targets --debug-configuration

I get a link error that it can't open boost_python-vc90-mt-gd-1_34.lib .
  Without python-debugging=on, there are no errors.
I'm using the default setup from the Boost distribution for windows.  My
toolset is msvc=9.0 and I'm building for python 2.5.  I'm using the
default Jamroot provided, and I'm trying to build the
getting_started*.cpp files in the example.

Is there a fix for this?

Also, the reason I used python-debugging=on is because I would like to
debug the python extension later using VC++ debugger.  Is this what the
option does?