[C++-sig] Boost.Python Vector indexing suite::extend should accept general iterables

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Sun Apr 6 22:16:33 CEST 2008

Hi Joel,

I'm following up on my patch allowing the extend() method of containers
wrapped using the vector indexing suite to accept general iterables (such as
generator expressions, sets, etc.), not just ones that have __len__ and
__getitem__. It does so by using Eric Niebler's stl_input_iterator, already
present in recent versions of Boost.Python.

A while back (Jan 2 '08) you asked me to add a test case, I have since done
so. The new version of the patch is attached. Could you please take a look?

Thanks,
Andreas