[C++-sig] Problem with Pyste and simple struct

Thomas Hauk thauk at novuscom.net
Sun Sep 30 22:06:06 CEST 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 4:04 AM, Roman Yakovenko wrote:
> Nothing wrong, Pyste doesn't generate right code.

Could you tell me what the right code would be?

As an aside, I'm rather shocked that Pyste can't generate the proper
code for a simple struct like this. I would figure that would be one
of the first test cases made. Unless it's a problem with
Boost.Python, in which case what I said applies to that.

> There are few possible solutions to the problem:
>
> 1. To use indexing suite v2: http://language-binding.net/pyplusplus/
> documentation/containers.html
> 2. To use Py++, which will generate code that works:http://
> pygccxml.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pygccxml/pyplusplus_dev/
> pyplusplus/code_repository/array_1.py?view=markup

I've looked at Py++ (before I tried Pyste) but I wasn't impressed at
how complex the scripts were. I may go back to it if I don't have a
choice, though.

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
regular expressions."  Now they have two problems.
   --Jamie Zawinski, in comp.lang.emacs