[C++-sig] Problems with compiling with 'Hello World' from Boost::python

Martin Rosekeit martin.rosekeit at freenet.de
Fri Sep 7 15:16:55 CEST 2007

Moin, moin, group,

I have problems to compile the 'Hello World' from Boost::python (http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/index.html).

When I start bjam I get the following error message:
   $ bjam
   error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
   error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent directory.

My test-folder:
   ~/temp$ ls
   hellp.cpp  Jamfile  Jamrules

My Jamfile:
   # This is the top of our own project tree
   project-root ;

   import python ;

   extension hello                     # Declare a Python extension called hello
   :   hello.cpp                       # source
       # requirements and dependencies for Boost.Python extensions
       <template>@boost/libs/python/build/extension
       ;

I am a little irritated, where this last line points to?

My Jamrules:
   # Boost.Build top level Jamrules

   # Set some important global variables if they haven't already been set by the
   # user on the command-line or in the environment
   path-global PYTHON_ROOT : /usr ;
   path-global PYTHON_VERSION : 2.5 ;

   # Establish this as the root of the boost installation. Most targets will want
   # $(BOOST_ROOT) in their #include path.
   path-global BOOST_ROOT : /usr/include ;

   # The current version of Boost.
   BOOST_VERSION ?= 1.33.1 ;

My ~/user-config.jam
   # Compiler configuration
   using gcc ;

   # Python configuration
   using python : 2.5 ;

Installed packets (with apt-get):
boost-build, libboost-dev, libboost-python1.33.1, libboost-python-dev, python, python2.5, python2.5-dev

cu
  Martin

--
<<Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want.>>