[C++-sig] Boost.Python std::cerr segfault when built with -lGL

Gazihan Alankus gazihan at cse.wustl.edu
Wed May 30 20:08:12 CEST 2007

Gazihan Alankus wrote:

> I found out that I'm actually not the only one:
> http://mail.datenhain.de/pipermail/libavg-users/2007-March/000085.html
> http://vdrift.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=5128

Quick addition: Both these other people are using Boost.Python and I
couldn't find anyone with the same problem that don't use Boost.Python. I'm
having this on Gentoo Linux with a laptop with intel 855 graphics card.
Here are versions of everything I tried these with:

gcc 4.1.2
python 2.4 and 2.3
mesa 6.5.2 (this is where the opengl library comes from)
boost 1.33.1 and 1.34.0

I'm trying to find out what the other people have so we can pin this down. I
just filed a bug report:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1018

-Gazi