[C++-sig] building static boost.python libraries in 1.34?

Nick Lee nick.lee at volition-inc.com
Mon May 21 18:07:17 CEST 2007

I just downloaded Boost 1.34 as well as Boost.Jam 3.1.14. I'm trying to
manually build the Boost.Python libraries from the command line, but it
looks like things have changed from 1.33.1. I switched to the
libs\python\build\ directory and entered the following command:

   bjam --toolset=msvc release

It looks like it built the dynamic-link library
("boost_python-vc80-mt-1_34.dll") and its corresponding import library
("boost_python-vc80-mt-1_34.lib"), but the static-link library is nowhere to
be found. According to the new documentation, the file should be named
something like "libboost_python-vc80-xxx.lib", but I can't find it anywhere.
Under 1.33.1, the file would have been named "libboost_python.lib", and the
command-line call to bjam would have automatically created it.

How do I build the Boost.Python static-link library in 1.34? Is there a
command-line parameter I'm missing for bjam?