[C++-sig] Better introspection/apidoc extraction support?

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon May 14 11:52:16 CEST 2007

Hi!

The epydoc developers would like to support boost::python function
introspection.  In boost 1.34.0, there is support for C++ signatures appended
to the docstrings, but it would be better AFAICS if boost::python would
additionally provide means for extracting the argument names and default
values via ("half-private") attributes, similar to CPython.

I would imagine that this is not even hard to do for someone with sufficient
insight, is such a thing planned?  (Or are there good reasons why that is not
yet supported?)

IMHO it would greatly help API documentation systems. (Especially since
signatures in docstrings are discouraged according to PEP 257, as I just
learned.)

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/