[C++-sig] build boost.python with unusual gcc AND python paths

ZiZi Zhao zzhao at laika.com
Thu Jul 19 21:51:30 CEST 2007

There are some standard installation in my system: /usr/bin/g++ is v3.4.x and python v2.4.4.

There are also installed g++ v4.0.2 and python 2.5.1 installed. I want to build boost.python with g++_4.0.2 and python_2.5.1. But, bjam seems to be unfriendly to unusual paths of g++ and python.

I have all -sGCC_ROOT_DIRECTORY, -sGCC_BIN_DIRECTORY, -sGCC -sPYTHON_ROOT, -sPYTHON_VERSION set for 'bjam' with my choices. However, every time when I tried to build boost.python with the unusual g++ and python, I saw bjam being very "smart" to tell me the information: "... you have python 2.4.4 at /... (the python 2.4.4 root)"; and using "g++-in-action" to compile and build everything.

How can I make sure I got the Boost.Python from the right versions of g++ and python?

Thanks in advance,

Z.Z.

The information contained in this message and its attachments is
confidential and proprietary to LAIKA, Inc.  By opening this email
or any of its attachments, you agree to keep all such information
confidential and not to use, distribute, disclose or copy any part
of such information without the prior written consent of LAIKA,
Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any use,
distribution, disclosure or copying of such information is prohibited.
If received in error, please contact the sender.