[C++-sig] [C++-Sig] Py++& GCCXML -- Many levels of compilation errors when compiling code that uses Boost, Microsoft Visual C++ headers, Python API, etc...

Lawrence Spector Lawrence.Spector at CanfieldSci.com
Tue Jul 17 22:51:30 CEST 2007

Gotcha.  Interesting information.  Thanks for the tips.

-Lawrence

-----Original Message-----
From: c++-sig-bounces at python.org [mailto:c++-sig-bounces at python.org] On Behalf Of Roman Yakovenko
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:52 AM
To: Development of Python/C++ integration
Subject: Re: [C++-sig] [C++-Sig] Py++& GCCXML -- Many levels of compilation errors when compiling code that uses Boost, Microsoft Visual C++ headers, Python API, etc...

On 7/16/07, Lawrence Spector <Lawrence.Spector at canfieldsci.com> wrote:
> Hmm... thanks for your quick and honest answer.  I'm disappointed to hear this.  It's unfortunate that there's no way to tell GCCXML to ignore any errors and just process whatever it figured out, even if it's not a 100% complete set.
>
> I guess it's going to come down to doing some major stubbing before it even gets into the boost header files.
>
> Out of curiosity, you said that it's too weak to compile code from Boost.Python on Windows.  I may be being overly optimistic, but I thought you might be implying that it might work on another platform, like Linux?  I have a Linux box at my desk if this is an option.

Well, this is the trick I use when I have problem like this. Take a
look on boost::date_time example( http://tinyurl.com/3d9fwz ). I
generated XML file on Linux, but than I could use it on Windows.

The bad news is that in this case it will not work on Linux too :-(

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding